2009-08-15

Banana Sour Cream Bread

.
I felt like baking and after reading a few recipes I decided to make banana bread. Told the Mr about it and then went out and bought what I needed. After I started the Mr came in to the kitchen, asked me what I was doing and when I (again) told him I was making banana bread he proceeded to tell me he doesn't like banana bread.... Maybe, just maybe he could have told me that when I first suggested it... I could have done something else today and save the banana bread for some other time (I will NOT go all my life without making banana bread just because I'm marrying a banana bread hater but I rather make it some other time when we have guests so I don't have to eat all of it myself)

Anyway, it turned out great and even the Mr tought it was ok, so I guess that's not too bad. The recipe is from allrecipes.com and my only modification was to add some nutmeg. I found it needed more time, more like 1 hour 10 minutes or 1 hour 15 minutes but that could just be due to our weird gas oven.


Ingredients:
2 tablespoons white sugar
½ tablespoon ground cinnamon

1/1 cup and 2 tablespoons (85 g) butter
1½ cup (300 g) white sugar
1½ eggs
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
8 oz. (225 g) sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 pinch of salt
1½ teaspoon (7 g) baking soda
2 and 1/4 cups (280 g) all-purpose flour
½ cup (60 g) chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease two 7x3 inch (18 x 7 cm) loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 2 teaspoons white sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
  2. In a large bowl, cream butter and the sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
  3. Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Yield: 2 loaves 7 x 3 inches, freezes well


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar