2009-10-26

Coconut Lime Pancakes

.

I found this recipe on pannkakor.se It was supposed to be a saffron coconut pancake but I din't have any saffron so I figured lime would be a good substitution.

This was kind of a fail. I could not get them to stick together in the griddle - they ended up looking more like scrambled eggs. But I guess that would be ok if they tasted great but they just didn't. I expected more flavour and all in all this was not a hit. I don't think I will make these again.

Ingredients:
2 dl coconut flakes
2 dl heavy cream
4 eggs
a pinch of salt
zest and juice from one lime

Mix the coconut flakes in a food processor to make a flour like mixture. Add the other ingredients and mix, let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Pour batter into griddle and cook for a few minutes. Serve with raspberry or cherry jam and whipped cream.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar