2009-10-13

White Chicken Chili

.

The recipe was inspired from several different suggestions online but I tweaked it to my likening. I also added some extra veggies I found in my fridge.


2 chicken breasts, chopped
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 chili pepper, chopped
7.5 dl chicken broth
2 cans of beans
lime juice
cummin
cayenne
(cinnamon)
grated cheese
hot sauce
fresh coriander
(mushrooms)
(carrot)

Sauté the chicken in a pan and transfer it to a pot. Fry onions (I also added a few mushrooms and a small carrot leftover from yesterday) and transfer to the pot. Add garlic, chili pepper, chicken broth, lime juice and spices. Simmer for 30-45 minutes or longer if you have time. Add beans and keep simmering for another 10-15 minutes. Taste and if needed add more spices. I also added a small dash of cinnamon for fun and some hot sauce for a wee bit of heat. Just before serving stir in grated cheese (enough to thicken it a bit) and some fresh coriander. Serve as is or with some sour cream or creme fraiche.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar