2009-11-06

Quinoa and Pomegranate Salad

.
From The Clean Eating Mama. This was so good! I will definitely make it again! It made quite a lot so there's plenty of left overs - I can hardly wait for tomorrow when I can eat it again!

I made some small changes - I used fresh parsley in stead of dried and I since I love feta I decided to double the amount. I also doubled the pomegranate - I have never cooked with pomegranate before so I didn't know how much I would need. The original recipe called for ½ cup but I decided to use the whole fruit and that ended up being a full cup. I didn't have any poultry or Italian seasoning but google informed me both of them were mostly sage, parsley and some other herbs so I added some thyme and onion powder and more sage to make up for that.

Serves 3-4

Ingredients:
½ cup Quinoa (I used black quinoa but red or white would work just as good - the black added some nice colour contrast though)
1 cup water
1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbs sage
½ Tbs thyme
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp salt
1/4 cup frozen peas
1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
3 Tbs toasted pine nuts
½ - 1 cup pomegranate arils
6 Tbs dried cranberries
4 Tbs feta crumbles
1 - 2 Tbs chopped fresh basil
drizzle olive oil to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare and cook the quinoa as the directions state. Add parsley, sage, thyme, salt and onion powder to the water. Cook until all water has been evaporated, approximately 20 minutes. With 5 minutes left add peas and carrots.
Let cool in a large mixing bowl. After it has cooled stir in the pomegranate, feta, pine nuts, cranberries and basil. Drizzle some olive oil over. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with salmon or chicken.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar