2010-01-13

Dijon meatballs with oven roasted veggies and a dijon mustard cream.

.
The endless gluttony that is December and early January (the whole Christmas season, New Years and multiple birthdays) is finally over and it's time to get back on the healthier track. No more cookies and cakes - well at least not until mid February (Valentine's and more birthdays).

I pulled out one of my favourite cookbooks for inspiration and found a recipe I had not yet tried. Well, I can say now that this one was a hit. Yummy and flavourful and at the same time quick and easy.

Ingredients:
1 lb (450 g) ground beef
2 Tbs chopped fresh herbs (I used dill and parsley)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 egg
2 Tbs Dijon mustard (typing out this I realized the original recipe called for 2 tsp but since I mistakenly used 2 Tbs and liked the result I will keep it that way)
½ cup (100 ml) cream
pepper
butter or oil

3/4 - 1 cup (200 ml) creme fraiche or sour cream
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
salt and pepper

mixed vegetables of your choice (I used zucchini, red bell-pepper, carrot, red onion, broccoli and garlic)
olive oil

Instructions:
Pre heat oven to 430 F (225 'C). Cut veggies in smaller pieces and spread in a single layer in pan and sprinkle with olive oil. Roast vegetables for approx. 15 minutes.

Mix all ingredients for the meatballs. Shape into meatballs/patties and fry in a pan.

Mix creme fraiche/sourcream and mustard. Salt and pepper to taste.

Enjoy!


Adapted from Våra bästa GI recept by Ulrika Davidsson and Ola Lauritzson

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar