2009-12-06

Thai Peanut Burgers

.
I first found this recipe on Cara's cravings and bookmarked it for later. A few weeks later I found it again - this time on Le Petit Pierogi. Pierogi had made some changes to it and I liked her ideas so I used most of them when I made this myself.

It was impossible to find ground turkey so I figured I would use ground chicken instead. Well, my store were sold out of the ground chicken and I just didn't have the time to go to another store so I ended up using ground beef instead. It worked fine though I will try to find chicken next time. The burgers and the cilantro lime aioli got two thumbs up from the man and I had to promise him I would make them again soon. I'm thinking some yam fries to accompany would be great...

Ingredients:
8 oz (230 g) ground turkey
1 medium carrot, shredded
1 large scallion, minced
1/4 tsp vegetable oil (I like to cook with coconut oil)
1/4 tsp red curry paste
2 Tbs peanut butter
freshly ground salt & pepper
½ tsp ground ginger (or fresh)
2 cloves garlic, minced (I forgot this)
1 small bunch cilantro, minced
juice of 1/4 to 1/2 a lime

Cilantro Lime aioli
hamburger buns of your choice
mixed greens or any other vegetable you like

Combine all the ingredients for the burgers in a bowl. Blend thoroughly. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Form two patties and cook for about 7-10 minutes per side, until cooked through. Serve on buns with cilantro lime aioli and some greens (I forgot to buy greens so all we had were some ginger fried mushrooms).

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar